We are all Completely Fine by Daryl Gregory

We Are All Completely Fine - Daryl Gregory

We are all Completely Fine was recommended by a hell of a lot of friends in the blogging world, so I approached it expecting big things and did it live up to the hype, damn right it did.

Intriguing world building, characters tinged in tragedy, a history of darkness and things on the periphery, not seen by all and on top of that monsters with names such as the Scrimshander, a carver of bones. All good so far.

Dr Jan Sayer was the psychologist that found them all, 5 survivors of horrific events, their scars shaping them, tortured and carved by the knife that cuts through life, a shade either side of insanity itself. Was a group therapy session what they needed, you’re about to find out as they relive their past horrors and see them seep out into the present.

I won’t give anymore plot details away except to say, thanks for the recommendation because this is an awesome novella, you know a novella is good when you feel like you’ve read something a lot more substantial and that is how this feels.

This looks to be Daryl Gregory’s first foray into this world and I have to say it can’t be his last, he’s hit on something memorable and I hope there’s more to come.

I received We are all Completely Fine from Tachyon Publications & Netgalley in exchange for an honest review and that’s what you’ve got.