The Hallow by Keith Deininger

The Hallow - Keith Deininger

Keith Deininger writes some seriously trippy fiction, if he doesn't live in the smoky confines of a wigwam in a hippy commune then he really ought to consider moving.

The Hallow is a cracking novella, full of intrigue, magic mushrooms and to be honest, even if I read it again, I still don't think I'd fully get it. It's that kind of read, there was no resolution or reason but it kind of fit perfectly and I really enjoyed it, in fact it's my favourite so far from Mr Deininger. A little bit creepy, a mite unnerving and there's definitely something afoot but finding it is like that elusive winning line, congratulations are in order if you get it.

Or it may just be me, it’s happened before.

Whether it's supernatural, drug induced hallucinations or tormented nightmare, or all three, that's up to you but it's certainly mystifyingly strange at times and perplexingly curious at others.

Very well written and it will leave you thinking, maybe even frustrate you a little but I really think you'll like it. No plot details after all it’s a short read and shouldn't be ruined in any way but I wholeheartedly recommend it.

I received The Hallow from Darkfuse & Netgalley in exchange for an honest review and that’s what you’ve got.

A 4.5* Rating.