Tormentor by William Meikle

Tormentor - William Meikle

Jim Greenwood is left devastated and facing some big decisions about his future when his wife passes away. Time for a change, time to leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind, time for solitude and time to mourn.

So he moves to an isolated cottage on the shore of the remote Loch Dunvegan in Scotland. Here he falls into the well-used trap that awaits sudden loss and loneliness. One of alcohol abuse, conversing with his dead partner and something else on the periphery, strange occurrences, a haunting steeped in local history.

Tormentor is a well written ghost story that didn't quite fulfil my expectations after a good start, our protagonist realises something is amiss and desperately seeks answers. My main issue was this haunting entity of old firing Jim's computer up and leaving gibberish messages of code in the form of emails, for me it didn't fit the story and wasn't a suitable method of furthering the tale.

I received Tormentor from Darkfuse & Netgalley in exchange for an honest review and that’s what you’ve got.