Hack/Slash: Son of Samhain Volume 1

Hack/Slash: Son of Samhain Volume 1 - Michael Moreci, Steve Seeley, Stefano Caselli, Emilio Laiso

It's been a while since I last delved into the world of Hack Slash and a lots changed since my last visit. Vlad's been killed off and that's a pretty major character development and I guess you can't get more major than dead. Missed that one so I'm going to have to do some recapping to catch up but anyway to The Son of Samhain.

Cassie Hack our favourite slasher slayer is reduced to bounty hunting to make ends meet, it’s dangerous work and the pays crap but a jobs a job. On one job she finds herself stalked by a reputed monster hunter name Delroy, it’s a shaky start to a relationship and the old man is after help in his quest, Cassie is the help he needs.

Now this is a change of tact for Cassie, Delroy has to convince her of the existence of monsters and the unification of monsters and slashers for a higher purpose, led by Morinto their game is to retake the world they once knew.

Delroy and Cassie’s journey takes them into Mexico and the realization soon hits that this is going to be a monumental monster bashing epic of a problem as these freaks seek the rebirth of their god Attan-Soolu. One of their early altercations sees the rescue of the Son of Samhain, October Bourne who it has to be said is none too shy in the in the art of slaughtering monsters.

Kiss It is heavily involved you’ll be glad to hear and soaked in a deluge of monster blood, and the Son of Samhain is a bloody tale and hopefully the start of a new chapter in the life of Cassie Hack. Excellent artwork enhances the tale and there’s some extra stuff at the end that adds to the story.

Wicked stuff.