The Riggle Twins by Gregor Xane

The Riggle Twins: A Selection from Bad Apples: Five Slices of Halloween Horror - Gregor Xane

The Riggle Twins by Gregor Xane, is a mischievous tale of horror for those who do their damnedest to avoid the Halloween frivolities, for those who sit in the dark and pretend they’re not in. You see the Riggle twins search for such people and take them as a tribute to their saviour the god of the dead, or Sam to his friends.

The Riggle twins come out of the darkness on Halloween, with their sacks full of tricks and traps and treats, through the tunnel of severed hands, guided by the man with a batwing coat, to pray on those that don’t celebrate All Saints Eve.

I listened to the audio of The Riggle Twins, provided by the author because I showed some interest via a competition. I had read the story in the Bad Apples anthology, the audio was a production that incorporated attention grabbing noises such as you’d hear in a radio play. You know things like jungle/forest sounds and an annoying doorbell that kept ringing. This was the first audio I can remember listening to that featured this background commotion and at times it held my attention over the story. In conclusion I’m a fan of the story but not the production, I like to listen to the story with no distractions and that’s how I roll. And thanks G.