Born To Bleed (The Roger Huntington Saga, Book 2)

Born To Bleed (The Roger Huntington Saga, Book 2) - Ryan C. Thomas A 3.5 Rating
I think the most difficult thing with Born To Bleed is that it’s the follow up to an absolute classic, The Summer I Died is one of the most powerful stories you’re ever likely to read and it was always going to be an impossible task to match up to that.

Born to Bleed set ten years later gets its shocks from cannibalism and the people who claim it as there life blood and prolonged youth, Roger Huntington finds himself right in the thick of it once more as he attempts to rescue Victoria, his co-worker and Gabe, her partner from some fairly sadistic upper class crazies.

Roger as a result of his experiences has some serious psychological issues, he sees our old antagonist skinny man at every turn and his best friend Tooth, who died at the hands of the brutal torturer is never far from his conscience.

The companionship and brutality is not on the same level as the first book but Roger constantly relives what happened to him in that cellar, there must be a limit to what one man can take and he certainly has a survival instinct that is unsurpassed. I did like the twist at the end that sets things in motion for the third book in the series, which I will definitely read.