Locke & Key: Clockworks

Locke & Key, Vol. 5: Clockworks - Gabriel Rodriguez, Joe Hill Clockworks begins by taking us back to the early days of the Locke family, which some might say is a bit of a masterstroke introducing a new set of characters when tension is foremost. Much of this volume is a series of flashbacks initiated by the discovery of the ‘time’ key which fills in a much needed back story about the Locke family and the Keyhouse. The ability to travel back in time shows us the omega key and what it can do, it also shows what happened to Dodge.

Something totally unexpected happened in that the malevolent Dodge’s story was shown to be somewhat tragic and everything going disastrously wrong for Rendell and his friends was heartbreaking.
The artwork maintains the high standard set for the series so far, matching the storytelling perfectly.

This volume is the darkest and most brutal yet, emotionally charged doesn't describe it but it’s the best of the series so far and I'm looking forward to the final chapter, and the resolution of a top series.