The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Vol. 2

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Vol. 2 - Denise Mina, Leonardo Manco, Andrea Mutti, Stieg Larsson The second volume of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is better than the first and to be honest it really had to be, after being completely unimpressed with volume one.

My review of volume one. http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/643151524?type=review#rating_15037616

The artwork for one was a big issue for me, done by two artists Leonardo Manco and Andrea Mutti there was a severe lack of consistency regarding the two main characters Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist, they actually looked different from one page to the next. This ruined the coherency and it did actually annoy me.

The plot was another bone of contention for me, obviously the writer cannot include everything from the book it would be just to much for a graphic novel but there were significant changes from the source material enough so that I recognised them instantly and you are then left thinking can't believe they've done that, why!.
There are some glaring omissions which I think would have bonded the story together better but I guess you can't have everything.

On a positive note the tension builds rapidly and it goes from the first break through to the reveal of the serial killer almost in the blink of an eye forcing me to complete the novel in one sitting.

If you are a diehard fan then this adaptation will annoy with its artistry and subtle plot differences, subtle like with a sledge hammer. If you are new to the franchise then chances are you will enjoy it, personally I've read alot of different reviews for this and alot of people love it but its one of those that you will either love or hate and I think I'm bending toward the latter.