30 Days of Night, Vol. 3: Return to Barrow

30 Days of Night, Vol. 3: Return to Barrow - Steve Niles, Ben Templesmith The world doesn't believe the horrific events at Barrow actually took place, the inhabitants of the rebuilt town are the only ones that know the truth and every year they prepare the defences for the 30 days of night. A steel fence surrounds the town and watch towers give the impression of a prison camp but when the vampires come, the town mobilises as one to fight the horde.
Templesmith's artwork sets the same haunting atmosphere and is as good as ever, however its all starting to feel a little familiar now but we do have new characters and a town preparing for the coming war changes the concept slightly. The return of two of the original characters all be it in a different prose but with the same intent peaks the interest and my overwhelming need to complete a series I've invested in means I'll definitely continue with the 30 days of night franchise. At the end of the day this is vampire horror done extremely well, extreme violence littered with grisly deaths. You never feel any connection with the characters but I guess that's not the intention, the main focus being the fantastic style, the violence and your imagination.